St Giles Society Limited (known as the Organisation hereinafter) is committed to delivering the services and supports that have been agreed to with our participants and/or families, as outlined and documented within individualised Service Agreements.
The Organisation’s policy aims to:
• Minimise the cancellation of scheduled services and/or rostered support shifts.
• Provide information about our commitments to participants and families in the event of a cancellation by the Organisation.
• Provide participants and families with information about their obligation to the Organisation in the event that participants and families need to cancel a scheduled appointment and/or rostered support shift at short notice, or do not attend.
As a registered NDIS provider, the Organisation follows NDIS recommendations and price guidelines. More information regarding NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Pricing Limits can be found by visiting; https://www.ndis.gov.au/providers/pricing-arrangements
In the event of a short notice cancellation (or where the participant is deemed a “no-show” for a scheduled appointment and/or rostered support shift) the Organisation reserves the right to seek payment and claim 100% of the agreed fee associated with the service(s).
Following the National Disability Insurance Agency (NDIA) guidelines, a cancellation at St Giles is considered a Short Notice Cancellation if the participant:
• does not show up for a scheduled support (including an appointment and/or rostered support shift) or is not present at the agreed place when the provider is travelling to deliver the support.
• has not provided two (2) clear business days’ notice for a support that meets both of the following conditions:
a) the support provided is less than 8 hours continuous duration: and
b) the agreed total price for the support is less than $1000.
For all other supports, five (5) clear business days’ notice is required to avoid being charged for the service.
The Organisation will only claim for Short Notice Cancellation if the above criteria are met and if the NDIS Pricing Arrangements and Price Limits indicates that providers can claim for Short Notice cancellations in respect of the support item.
Participants and families will not be charged for a service that the Organisation cancels and cannot substitute or reschedule.
To cancel an appointment, please call our Customer Services Team on 1300278445
Please Note; Cancellations of rostered support shifts, that arise outside of standard business hours must be phoned through to St Giles’ Support Services Out of Hours number; 0417-117-956.
Cancellation by St Giles
St Giles will contact participants and families in the event that the Organisation needs to cancel a scheduled service and make every attempt to reschedule. Where possible, the Organisation will provide a minimum of 24 hours’ notice; however, where a cancellation is needed due to staff illness or unforeseen circumstances the Organisation will give as much notice as possible.
When a service cannot be delivered at the agreed time due to unplanned staff leave, every attempt will be made to provide participants with an alternative service or worker which may include:
• offering a session with another worker of the same skillset,
• offering a session with another member of the customer’s regular team,
• offering an alternative group program, and/or
• rescheduling with the staff member taking leave.
The Organisation’s ability to reschedule cancelled visits will depend on staff availability, the suitability of alternate programs, and your preferences.
In the event that an anticipated staff member has not arrived to a scheduled appointment and/or rostered support shift, notification is to be made to the Organisation within a 24 hour period. This can be done either via phone call or in writing.
Waiver of Cancellation Fees
The Organisation may waive cancellation fees in exceptional circumstances at our discretion. Consideration will be given to the number and nature of cancelled appointments and in particular, those that were unable to be rescheduled, in determining whether to waive a cancellation fee.
Termination of Services
If participant’s and/or families repeatedly cancel services, this may result in loss of regular session times or termination of services. If the Organisation are unable to speak with you regarding this, the Organisation will provide notice in writing of termination of services, at least 14 days prior to enable you or your representative to contact us.
Version 1 – Issued 1-12-2021