What is Niche Market?
NICHE is one of Tasmania’s most successful design and make enterprises regularly attracting 1000’s of shoppers to our markets.
Expressions of Interest for for 2023 Niche Market are now open!
Email us today for more information firstname.lastname@example.org
Where does the money go?
3000 children come through StGiles annually for physiotherapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior assessment and early childhood education support.
StGiles provides a rich service, but life enhancing equipment is expensive and the revenue donated by you, the stallholders, is used to directly support these children.
Please consider a visit to StGiles in Launceston, Burnie or Lenah Valley to see how we make a positive difference to children and families all around Tasmania.
NICHE does not employ any staff, but it is the role of StGiles’ fund-raising team to help you through the Niche market experience.
Niche markets are limited to approximately 40 stallholders and it is your responsibility to present your stall in a creative and inviting manner.
Our policy is not to offer positions to stallholders who claim they did not sell. St.Giles—Tasmania’s largest children’s disability service benefits from honest makers of high quality product—it is an ethical and honourable partnership.
There is no closing date for applications – we are always open to fresh makers and new ideas.
UNSUCCESSFUL stallholders WILL NOT be notified.
Those accepted to attend NICHE undertake to donate 20 per cent of their SALES and/or ORDERS to StGiles.
There are three important criteria for acceptance to NICHE.
- PREMIUM -Tasmanian designed and made by you
- DONATION – You are obligated to make a donation equal to 20 per cent of your gross TAKE (including order value).
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE (hint: bring a sales buddy if shy)
Niche also requires stall holders to:
- BE prepared to talk and engage with customers about how they make their product.
- MUST be hand-made in TASMANIA
- MUST be maker’s own idea and design
- WHEREVER possible, materials for items to be Tasmanian
- Must NOT be attending another market on the same weekend in the same region as Niche.
- High levels of honesty and integrity are expected of Niche traders.