What is Niche Market?
NICHE is one of Tasmania’s most successful design and make enterprises regularly attracting more than 5000 shoppers to each of its three, one-day events annually at Launceston’s Albert Hall PLUS a Christmas Niche at Burnie Arts and Function Centre!
Applications for 2020 Niche Market Bazaar are now open
(we will always consider fresh applications).
2020 NICHE DATES
- Harmony Niche – Saturday 21 March, The Tramsheds Launceston (by invitation only)
- Easter Niche – Saturday 4 April, Albert Hall Launceston 8am-3pm
- Starry Night Niche – Friday 17 July, Albert Hall Launceston 2pm-7pm
- Nichemas – Saturday 28 November, Albert Hall Launceston 8am-3pm
- NW Nichemas – Saturday 5 December, Burnie Arts & Function Centre 10am-3pm
SUCCESSFUL STALLHOLDERS to be informed on:
• 16 January for Easter Niche (4 April)
• 30 April for Starry Night Niche (17 July)
• 13 August for Nichemas (28 November) and NW Nichemas (5 December)
Where does the money go?
6000 children come through StGiles annually for physiotherapy,
speech therapy, occupational therapy, behavior assessment and early childhood
StGiles provides a rich service, but life enhancing equipment is
expensive and the revenue donated by you, the stallholders, is used to directly
support these children.
Please consider a visit to StGiles in Launceston or Lenah Valley
to see how we make a positive difference to children and families all around
NICHE does not employ any staff, but it is the role of two
StGiles’ staff, Danielle Blewett and Victoria Bayes, to be your Niche managers
on behalf of StGiles.
Niche Albert Hall will be limited to 60 stallholders and it is your responsibility to present your stall in a creative and inviting manner.
Our policy is not to offer positions to stallholders who claim they did not sell. StGiles—Tasmania’s largest children’s disability service benefits from honest makers of high quality product—it is an ethical and honorable partnership.
There is no closing date for 2020 applications – we stay open to fresh makers and new ideas.
UNSUCCESSFUL stallholders WILL NOT be notified.
Those accepted to attend NICHE undertake to donate 20 per cent of their SALES and/or ORDERS to StGiles.
There are two important criteria for acceptance to NICHE.
- PREMIUM -Tasmanian designed and made by you
- DONATION – You are obligated to make a donation equal to 20 per cent of your gross TAKE (including order value).
- EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE (hint: bring a sales buddy if shy)
Niche also requires stall holders to:
- BE prepared to talk and engage with customers about how they make their product.
- MUST be hand-made in TASMANIA
- MUST be maker’s own idea and design
- WHEREVER possible, materials for items to be Tasmanian
- Must NOT have your own shop in the Launceston area. Supplying product to a shop is fine.
- Must NOT be attending another market on the same day in the same town as Niche.
- High levels of honesty and integrity are expected of Niche traders.
How to apply
- READ the TERMS and CONDITIONS carefully
- Complete the APPLICATION KIT
- TICK only markets you are able to attend
- ATTACH three high resolution images of your work, not more than 5MB
- RETURN: electronically email@example.com or PO Box 416, Launceston, TAS , 7250