Sensory Processing Workshop
Tuesday December 14th 10am-12pm
Does your child get upset during or avoid everyday routines such as hair washing or tooth brushing?
• Are they very fussy about foods?
• Are labels on clothes bothersome?
• Do they get really upset about ‘mess’ on their hands or face?
• Do they get irritated by loud noises and noisy environments?
• Do they bump into things often but not seem to notice?
• Do they notice smells or smell objects that other people don’t?
• Or does your child just have a lot of trouble sitting still or constantly need to fidget?
If you answer yes to any of these questions, then this workshop is for you
In the session we will explore how the way we experience our senses impacts the way our children navigate daily life and learn.
The workshop will help you understand that we all have different ways of experiencing the 5 senses.
We will discover the other less known ‘hidden’ senses and learn how the unique way we process our world through our senses shapes our preferences, participation, mood and behaviour.
Information will be given to equip you with information and strategies for identifying your child’s sensory profile and adapting to sensory preferences and challenges.
When: Tuesday December 14th 10am-12pm
Location: St.Giles Lenah Valley
1300 278 445