What to bring to ASELCC
What to pack
On your child’s days at the centre, please pack the following clearly labelled items into a bag:
- Lunch box and water bottle. Make sure there is enough food for your child’s hungriest day.
- Full change of clothes, with options for hot or cool weather. Children may get wet or dirty through the day.
- Any medications they require, with pharmacy label affixed.
- Any items required for toileting, such as nappies or a change/s of underwear.
- Sun hat with a wide brim.
- Any comfort items or sensory supports that help your child feel safe, such as a teddy, or chew toys.
- Any communication supports such as a PECS or PODD folder, iPad, or similar.
When you arrive
When you arrive, please sign your child in on our electronic sign-in kiosk, help your child find where to put their bag, and place their lunch and drink into the marked tubs.
Their lunch will be stored in a fridge throughout the day. Then help your child to join the group in the purple room (main room), at group time or in their classroom.
Once your child is settled with a staff member, you can say goodbye.
Educa - Online Communication
You will receive an email on (or before) your child’s first day with an invitation to logon to Educa (our online communication book/learning portfolio).
We will use this system to tell you what your child is working on, show you photos or videos of them at play, and to send notices home.
We would appreciate it if you would also contribute to Educa, sharing any information you’d like us to know, or asking any questions you have.