Aquatic Therapy – Hobart
All-Ages Aquatic Therapy
Our Aquatic Therapy service in Hobart is offered, Monday to Thursday, from the ultra-modern facilities at King George V, Glenorchy.
- The pool offers change rooms, pools hoists, exercise equipment
- The pool is co-located with Revive Motional Health-a large allied health practice
- All staff are trained in First Aid, Life Support and Hydrotherapy Pool Rescue
- We welcome referrals from GPs, Physiotherapists, other Allied Health Professionals
- Clients can pay privately, through private health insurance, through Chronic Care programs (Medicare), DVA, Workers Compensation and MAIB
- Most clients will need at least 2 sessions with the Aquatic Physiotherapist
- Hydrotherapy, also known as Aquatic Physiotherapy, is a form of physiotherapy conducted in a heated pool. Aquatic Physiotherapy can help relieve pain, promote relaxation, mobilize joints, strengthen muscles, develop balance and coordination, and improve general fitness.
- The Hydrotherapy Pool is heated to 35° Celsius which is optimal to achieve the many benefits that this therapeutic approach can offer, such as:
- Muscular relaxation and decreased muscle spasm.
- Decreased pain due to warmth and support.
- Gravity is countered by buoyancy.
- Increased muscle strength and endurance due to the greater resistance in water.
- Improvement in swelling, due to hydrostatic pressure.
- Enhanced balance and stabilization.
- Improved enjoyment and confidence to move better.
Bookings can be made by calling Revive on 6272 4000