COVID-19 – Changes to Therapy Services
IMPORTANT: June 29, 2020
Updated Changes Therapy Services – COVID-19 – What to Expect
St Giles is continually looking to reduce the risk of COVID-19 for our participants and staff.
In response to the lifting of many restrictions we are delivering more services face-to-face.
We are continuing to provide tele-practice appointments where a person or family member has particular vulnerabilities or as a preference.
ON-SITE FACE-TO-FACE APPOINTMENTS:
If you see our staff for a face-to-face appointment at one of our sites:
- Contact us in advance of your appointment if anyone is unwell.
- Only attend with 1 or 2 support people and avoid bringing siblings/other children to your appointment.
- Do not come into the building until it is your appointment time.
- Anyone who is attending with a client (including parent or carer) will need to give reception staff their name and contact details (to allow us to contact trace if needed)
- Ensure all people attending wash or sanitise their hands at the beginning of each appointment.
- Use our hand sanitiser stations on arrival and departure from the building.
- Please remember physical distancing (1.5 meters apart) wherever possible.
- We will ask you some questions about COVID-19 prior to your visit and/or on arrival.
- Our staff have increased cleaning practices including frequently-touched surfaces, toys and equipment.
- We have signs on rooms to indicate the maximum number of people in a space.
HOME VISITS OR OTHER APPOINTMENTS
If our staff are visiting you at home, at childcare, school, day program or other off-site setting:
- We will ask some questions in advance of the visit to ensure that you and everyone is safe.
- Please keep the number of people attending the appointment to a minimum.
- Our staff will have access to alcohol-based hand sanitiser to ensure hand hygiene.
- Our staff will try to minimise their contact with frequently touched surfaces and items, and they will not be able to accept food or drinks.
No matter where you have contact with StGiles please consider the following questions in advance of your appointment:
- Does anyone attending the appointment have COVID-19 or is waiting on test results for COVID-19?Within the past 14 days has anyone returned from travelling overseas or interstate?
- Within the last 14 days has anyone been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19?
- Does anyone have any of the following COVID-19 symptoms – fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath, runny nose, and fatigue?
If you answer `yes’ to any of the above questions, please call us to discuss and/or to cancel your appointment.
If you have any questions please contact your therapist or 1300 278 445