Clinical Lead – Occupational Therapy
St Giles is a proudly Tasmanian owned not for profit organisation that has been serving the community for over 85 years.
We have a dedicated team of Allied health professionals including Speech Pathologists, Occupational Therapists, Physiotherapists, Early Intervention Specialists, Psychologists and Allied Heath Assistants who work collaboratively together to provide contemporary therapy services across Tasmania.
Our Launceston and Hobart Allied Health Offices have been specifically designed with dedicated inside and outside therapy rooms. We also have an onsite Practice Administration Team that work hard to make sure your day to day is organised, so you are empowered to do what you do best.
We are looking for dedicated and experienced Occupational Therapist to join our Allied Health Team as The Clinical Lead of Occupational Therapy in either Launceston or Hobart. You will report directly to the Senior Manager of Allied Health and provide clinical leadership and support across the Occupational Therapy team and wider Allied Health team.
The role includes:
- Decision making with regards to the Occupational Therapy team, clinical practice, and direction of Occupational Therapy across the organisation. In doing so, consideration must be given to the impact on clients, staff, the organisation, and the community as a whole.
- The development and implementation of a clinical supervision and support program that incorporates an annual performance review and involves Level 3 Occupational Therapists in supporting best practice across the organisation. The program must reflect organisational policy and procedure related to supervision, and clearly indicate who will receive and provide supervision and how often, preferably with dates for a year in advance.
- Working closely with relevant managers as required, to ensure the best outcomes for clients utilising Occupational Therapy services and the Tasmanian Paediatric Rehabilitation Service.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with allied health, medical and related professionals on an ongoing basis, to maximize optimal family and client outcomes within available human, physical and financial resources.
- You will facilitate the ongoing professional development (PD) of all Occupational Therapists and relevant support staff. This includes the development and implementation of an annual PD plan for Occupational Therapy that allows time for feedback from PD attended by Occupational Therapists. The position will provide information to other disciplines about relevant developments, practice and/or research that impacts more broadly on Allied Health Services, and time for staff to consider how new developments in the field of Occupational Therapy can be utilised within current practice frameworks or how it changes practice within the service. This plan is to be developed in conjunction with the Clinical Leadership team.
What we need from you?
- Recognised tertiary qualifications as an Occupational Therapist
- Current Professional Registration
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Check
- Working with Vulnerable Persons check (child- related activity and NDIS Screening Tool)
What we can do for you
- Competitive salary: Salary packaging and use of company vehicle when required.
- Corporate Heath Insurance benefits
- Employee Assistance Program to benefit you and your family
- Admin support: NDIS paperwork and scheduling
- Great team: Work with a team of highly experienced professionals in a variety of settings
- Kind and Friendly working culture
- Development & Supervision: Ongoing professional development with funding for external courses, plus ongoing supervision/mentoring
To apply please following this link to our TechOne recruitment portal.