Practice Leader – Speech Pathology Hobart and Launceston
Speech Pathology Practice Leader – based in Launceston or Hobart
St Giles a recognised leader in helping Tasmanians live to their full potential. For 80 years we’ve been delivering a comprehensive range of specialised services to individuals with disabilities and families.
We are looking for two Practice Leaders – Speech Pathology, one each in Hobart and Launceston, to provide clinical leadership and support our speech pathology services. Currently the organisation employs speech pathologists across the state including early career and experienced clinicians. There is a strong demand for speech pathology across the organisation including within our newly adopted aged-based therapy team structure, community health service and specialised teams/services.
The Practice Leader – Speech Pathology will work closely with the other Practice Leaders of Occupational Therapy, Physiotherapy and Psychology, and with our leadership and management teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality evidence-based practice across the organisation. Specifically, the Practice Leader – Speech Pathology will further develop the speech pathology team including developing clinical guidelines, providing leadership around evidence-based practice and to improve speech pathology practice within our multi-disciplinary teams across the organisation.
The Practice Leader – Speech Pathology will be a highly skilled speech pathologist who will work preferably full-time or for a minimum of 0.8FTE with some flexibility to work across the week in order to support other part-time staff. The Practice Leader would be expected to maintain a small clinical caseload where you will be able to specialise in one or more of our aged-based therapy teams for people with a disability (early intervention, school aged or adults), community health, outreach or specialist services (assistive technology, mealtimes).
Are we the right fit?
- Flexibility and family friendly – Be based in Burnie, Launceston or Hobart depending on your preferences and family needs. Opportunity to transfer to other locations as your needs change. Flexible hours and family friendly working arrangements
- Competitive salary – salary packaging and use of company vehicle when required.
- Excellent working environment – work with a team of highly experienced professionals in conveniently located, well-resourced sites.
- Development – ongoing professional development with funding for external courses, in-house training, and ongoing supervision and mentoring opportunities.
- Team environment – large supportive team with regular social events.
- Support – full reception and administration support provided.
- Great location and quality of life – opportunity to escape the mainland and explore Tasmania.
- Relocation assistance – we acknowledge the difficulty in moving states, and will offer financial and practical assistance to professionals wanting to move to Tasmania.
Are you the right fit?
- Are you an experienced speech pathologist who wants to apply and grow your leadership skills?
- Passionate about delivering evidence-based services and supporting others to improve their practice?
- Are you able to manage your time effectively, balance committing demands and deliver on projects management skills?
- Possess the ability to provide high level advise and support to our leadership team, other practice leaders and our allied health staff?
- Keen to work within a team which is focused on collaboration, adaptability and responsiveness?
- Enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities and their families to live great lives?
- Are you a problem-solver with great inter-personal skills?
There are a few boxes you will need to tick:
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- Highly experienced speech pathologist
- Current registration with Speech Pathology Australia
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Check and a Working with Vulnerable Persons check (child- related activity)
- Willingness to undertake intrastate travel to support the speech pathology team
How to apply:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join St Giles at an exciting point in history, we would love to hear from you!
Applications must include Application Form, CV and letter addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description. Applications close on 5th March 2021 and should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Giles is a Child Safe Organisation