Team Leader – Early Childhood, and Team Leader – School Age. Launceston and Hobart
Team Leaders – Early Childhood, and Team Leader – School Age
St Giles a recognised leader in helping Tasmanians live to their full potential. For 80 years we’ve been delivering a comprehensive range of specialised services to individuals and families.
In 2021 we have adopted a new structure within our allied health team comprising of aged-based and specialist teams to support our delivery of high-quality, individualised and evidence-based allied health services to our community. We provide services to children and families through teams in early intervention, school age and adult cohorts.
We are looking for highly skilled allied health professionals to join our service in a leadership capacity with the responsibility of helping shape the implementation of age-based multi-disciplinary teams in both Launceston and Hobart. The following positions are available:
- Team Leader – Early Childhood – Transdisciplinary (x2) – Available in Hobart and Launceston
- Team Leader – Early Childhood – Multidisciplinary (x2) – Available in Hobart and Launceston
- Team Leader – School Age (x2) – Available in Hobart and Launceston
These positions are suitable if you are a speech pathologist, occupational therapist, physiotherapist, early childhood teacher (for Early Childhood – Transdisciplinary), developmental educator, social worker or psychologist.
The Team Leader Roles will be full-time or a minimum of 0.7FTE. Team Leaders will have up to 0.5FTE administrative/leadership time, together with clinical load. You will have the opportunity for a small caseload within your team, or across other age ranges depending on your preferences. Our services include community health, disability / NDIS, paediatric rehabilitation, autism/diagnostic assessment, hydrotherapy and assistive technology, so you will have the opportunity to specialise into areas that are of interest to you.
Are we the right fit?
- Competitive salary – salary packaging and use of company vehicle when required
- Excellent working environment – work with a team of highly experienced professionals in a variety of recently upgraded settings that include free parking
- Development – ongoing professional development with funding for external courses, in-house training, and ongoing supervision and mentoring opportunities.
- Team environment – large supportive team with regular social events.
- Support – full reception and administration support provided
- Great location and quality of life – opportunity to escape the mainland and explore Tasmania.
- Relocation assistance – we acknowledge the difficulty in moving states, and will offer financial and practical assistance to professionals wanting to move to Tasmania.
- Flexibility and family friendly – flexible hours and family friendly working arrangements
Are you the right fit?
- Desire to lead a team focused on collaboration, innovation and responsiveness.
- Enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities and their families to live their best life?
- Motivated to deliver family-centred practice?
- Experience in working with children and/or adults of varying and complex backgrounds or keen to build your skills in this area?
- Experience with leading people, and building a healthy team-based culture.
- Excellent problem-solving and decision-making capability.
- A genuine intent to make a difference.
There are a few boxes you will need to tick:
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- Experienced Speech Pathologist / Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist / Teacher / Social worker
- Current membership with your professional body and/or AHPRA
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Check and a Working with Vulnerable Persons check (child- related activity)
How to apply:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join St Giles at an exciting point in history, we would love to hear from you!
Applications must include Application Form, CV and letter addressing the selection criteria in the Position Description. Applications close on 5th March and should be forwarded to: firstname.lastname@example.org
St Giles is a Child Safe Organisation