Practice Leader – Psychology. Burnie, Launceston and Hobart
Practice Leader – Psychology
St Giles a recognised leader in helping Tasmanians live to their full potential. For 80 years we’ve been delivering a comprehensive range of specialised services to individuals with disabilities and families.
We are looking for three Practice Leaders – Psychology to provide clinical leadership and support the expansion of our psychology services. Currently the organisation employs provisional, registered and endorsed psychologists across the state. The demand for psychology is increasing across the organisation including within our newly adopted aged-based therapy team structure, our Developmental Assessment Team, and with the planned introduction of a Behaviour Support Team.
The Practice Leader – Psychology will work closely with the other Practice Leaders of Speech Pathology, Occupational Therapy and Physiotherapy, and with our leadership and management teams to ensure the delivery of high-quality evidence-based practice across the organisation. Specifically, the Practice Leader – Psychology will develop the psychology team including leading the expansion of our Psychology Training Pathway for students, provisional psychologists and those seeking endorsement, to grow psychology services and to improve psychology practice within our multi-disciplinary teams across the organisation.
The Practice Leader – Psychology will be a highly skilled endorsed psychologist (clinical psychology, educational and developmental or clinical neuropsychology) who will work preferably full-time or for a minimum of 0.6FTE with some flexibility to work across the week in order to support other part-time staff. The Practice Leader would be expected to maintain a small clinical caseload where you will be able to specialise in one or more of our Developmental Assessment Team conducting autism assessments, multi-disciplinary functional assessments and cognitive/developmental assessments, our aged-based therapy teams for people with a disability (early intervention, school aged or adults), or in behaviour support.
Are we the right fit?
- Flexibility and family friendly – Be based in Burnie, Launceston or Hobart depending on your preferences and family needs. Opportunity to transfer to other locations as your needs change. Flexible hours and family friendly working arrangements
- Competitive salary – salary packaging and use of company vehicle when required.
- Excellent working environment – work with a team of highly experienced professionals in conveniently located, well-resourced sites.
- Development – ongoing professional development with funding for external courses, in-house training, and ongoing supervision and mentoring opportunities.
- Team environment – large supportive team with regular social events.
- Support – full reception and administration support provided.
- Great location and quality of life – opportunity to escape the mainland and explore Tasmania.
- Relocation assistance – we acknowledge the difficulty in moving states, and will offer financial and practical assistance to professionals wanting to move to Tasmania.
Are you the right fit?
- Are you an experienced psychologist who wants to apply and grow your leadership skills?
- Motivated to improve psychology training pathways in Tasmania?
- Passionate about delivering evidence-based services and supporting others to improve their practice?
- Are you able to manage your time effectively, balance committing demands and deliver on projects management skills?
- Possess the ability to provide high level advise and support to our leadership team, other practice leaders and our allied health staff?
- Keen to work within a team which is focused on collaboration, adaptability and responsiveness?
- Enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities and their families to live great lives?
- Are you a problem-solver with great inter-personal skills?
There are a few boxes you will need to tick:
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- Highly experienced Psychologist who possess an area of practice endorsement in Clinical Psychology, Educational and Developmental Psychology or Clinical Neuropsychology
- Current registration with AHPRA
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Check and a Working with Vulnerable Persons check (child- related activity)
- Willingness to undertake intrastate travel to support the psychology team
How to apply:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join St Giles at an exciting point in history, we would love to hear from you!
To review the full position description, please visit our website at www.stgiles.org.au
Applications must include Application Form, CV and letter addressing the selection criteria in the position description. Applications close on 5th March 2021 and should be forwarded to: email@example.com
St Giles is a Child Safe Organisation