Manager – Quality and Compliance
Is Quality and Compliance your happy place?
Can you take charge?
Are you ready to manage our Quality and Compliance Team?
Are you energetic and results driven?
St.Giles is Tasmania’s leading specialist disability service provider for children, people with complex support needs, and their families.
About the role:
The Quality & Compliance Manager is a senior role responsible for ensuring effective quality systems are implemented, maintained, and monitored for compliance against St.Giles polices and processes, governing legislation, and regulations.
Your role will ensure quality practice and drive high standards of care across all service areas in alignment with evidence-based research, ethics, and regulatory compliance requirements in safeguarding.
You will manage the highly motivated QMS Team and work alongside St.Giles highly-skilled management teams to manage risks, achieve accreditation, maintain registrations and meet quality management objectives.
The Quality and Compliance Manager will ensure that best practice quality management is embedded across the organisation and that accreditation is maintained.
- Assist with registration requirements throughout St.Giles
- Design organisation processes in order to create and update policies and procedures in line with compliance requirements.
- Grow our high-performance team with a focus on continuous improvement.
- Maintain expert knowledge of matters relating to the National quality and safeguarding policy and regulation that impact disability service providers.
- Identify hazards and control risks in the workplace; and implement health and safety plans.
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or minimum 5-years experience in a quality related discipline
- Continuous improvement, audit and bench marking experience;
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills;
- Solid understanding of the NDIS Quality and Safeguard Guidelines;
- Working With Children Check;
- Police Check or NDIS Workers Screening Check;
- Very high level of attention to detail, problem solving and analytic writing skills
What’s in it for you!
- A respect for family and flexibility work environment
- Ongoing professional development that develops your career pathway
- Ongoing support from senior management – open doors and access when you need it
- A meaningful job in a rapidly growing company with endless opportunity
Enquiries to Simone Preece 03 6345 7363
Applicants can read the position description here.
Applications must be submitted by close of business, Tuesday 11th May 2021, and should be forwarded to; email@example.com