Speech Pathologist – Burnie
Are you a speech pathologist keen to work in a supportive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team? Are you motivated to improve the lives of children with autism and other disabilities? Do you want to live and work in a beautiful and affordable part of Tasmania?
We are looking for a Speech Pathologist to join our North West Team, due to growing demand and to assist in covering the maternity leave of one of our valued speechies. Our North West speech pathologists currently work as part of our transdisciplinary early intervention to children with disabilities (especially autism), and deliver speech pathology services to primarily early years and school aged children. Some of our therapists also choose to work with adults with disabilities, but this is not an essential requirement. There also is the opportunity to develop specialist skills in assistive technology, mealtime management, behaviour support or autism diagnostic assessment for the right candidate. Our speech pathologists have access to both local support, and to the expertise of the Practice Leader – Speech Pathology.
Are we the right fit?
- We offer flexibility and family friendly working arrangements. As your needs change, there are opportunities to transfer to Launceston and Hobart.
- We offer competitive salary with salary packaging and use of company vehicle when required.
- We have an excellent working environment with a team of highly experienced and supportive professionals in well-resourced sites.
- We are committed to the professional development of our people and offer funding for external courses, in-house training, and provide regular supervision and mentoring opportunities.
- We offer financial and practical relocation assistance to NW Tasmania, where you can have an excellent quality of life and explore Tasmania.
Are you the right fit?
- Are you a team player who will complement our supportive and dynamic multi-disciplinary team?
- Are you passionate about delivering evidence-based services and in building the capacity of others to support people with communication and swallowing difficulties?
- Are you enthusiastic about supporting people with disabilities and their families to live great lives?
There are a few boxes you will need to tick:
- Full unrestricted Australian working rights
- Current membership of Speech Pathology Australia
- Drivers Licence
- National Police Check and a Working with Vulnerable Persons check (child- related activity and NDIS Screening)
- Willingness to undertake intrastate travel
How to apply:
If you’re looking for an opportunity to join St Giles, we would love to hear from you!
Enquires to Kathryn Fordyce on 0427 739 397 or firstname.lastname@example.org