Occupational Therapist / Physiotherapist – Launceston
Feel like you’ve lost choice and control?
Are you an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist who feels overwhelmed by paperwork and everything else required to do your job?
Support for YOU is what St.Giles can offer.
Join us in a flexible work environment where quality work and quality of life are strongly valued.
We are agile, collaborative and consultative.
We are big enough to provide you the corporate support, resources, and equipment supports you need to do your best work with participants and spend less time sitting, staring at a screen.
Job satisfaction and using your unique skills where they’re needed most – to support the choice and control of Tasmanians living with disability – matters to us.
We are looking for an outstanding Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join our Assistive Technology team in Launceston.
As a member of this multidisciplinary team, your role centres on offering a high quality, innovative and evidence-based approach to equipment provision. We take a client-centred approach to help individuals of all ages make informed choices about the assistive technology that is right for them.
A typical day for therapists in our team might include a detailed assessment for a new wheelchair in our centre, a home visit for an equipment trial, report writing, designing custom equipment components with a Seating Technician in the workshop, and regular team catch-ups to coordinate our service delivery.
Support includes (statewide):
- Admin support for all NDIS paperwork and scheduling
- Dedicated NDIS claiming team
- Enviable access to the latest assistive technology
- State-of-the-art resources such as XSensor Pressure Mapping and the only custom-moulded seating facilities in Tasmania
- Support from Seating Technicians with access to full on site workshop
- On site IT support
- Access to generous salary packaging and other benefits
You will be supported with clinical supervision, professional development, and an awesome team environment.
The position is offered at 0.6 FTE (3 days per week). However, opportunities may exist to combine this position with other Allied Health vacancies across St. Giles to equate to a full-time position if desired.
• AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
• An interest in and knowledge of Assistive Technology provision
• Experience in assistive technology provision for NDIS participants with physical disabilities is highly desirable
Applications to: Human Resources
St. Giles Society
PO Box 416, Launceston
Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org