Seating Technician – Hobart
Are you a qualified mechanical trades person with a desire for a more rewarding career?
St. Giles has an opportunity for an experienced trades person to take their skills and career in a unique direction, with a role as a Seating Technician in our Wheelchair & Seating Clinic.
St. Giles is a community based not-for-profit business, recognised as a leader in helping Tasmanians live to their full potential. For over 80 years we’ve been delivering a comprehensive range of specialist health and disability services to individuals and families.
Members of our team experience great job satisfaction by utilising their skills and experience to make a positive difference in the lives of people living with disability.
This role brings opportunities to work within a team, think laterally, problem solve and use your technical skills to design, modify, adjust or manufacture disability equipment to meet the individual needs of our clients. Some of the equipment we work with includes powered wheelchairs, manual wheelchairs, specialised cushions, armchairs, beds and commodes.
The position is based in Hobart, Tasmania, and is offered at a negotiable FTE.
A typical day for therapists in our team might include a detailed 2-hour assessment for a wheelchair in our centre, a home visit for an equipment trial, report writing, designing custom equipment components with a Seating Technician in the workshop, and regular team catch-ups to coordinate our service delivery.
This rewarding role will provide you with opportunities to:
- develop your career in a sector you may not have considered as an option
- work within a like-minded team of technicians and therapists
- Use your technical skills in a wide range of applications
- focus on continued learning and development via on the job training and formal professional development opportunities
- Learn about assistive technology
- work in a team environment that thrives on innovation and, creativity and quality
- work within an organisation that values work-life balance
- access salary packaging and other entitlements
- Recognised trade certificate or demonstrated experience in the sector
- Drivers licence
- Great interpersonal skills
- Ability to work as part of a team
- High level problem solving and technical skills
- Basic computer literacy
- A positive attitude towards diversity