Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
If you have a drive for maximising independence, participation and overall wellbeing for individuals living with disability – this opportunity is for you!
We are looking for an outstanding Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist to join our Assistive Technology team in Launceston.
StGiles is a community based not-for-profit business, recognised as a leader in helping Tasmanian’s live to their full potential. For over 80 years we’ve been delivering a comprehensive range of specialist health and disability services to individuals and families.
As a member of this multidisciplinary team, your role centres on offering a high quality, innovative and evidence-based approach to equipment provision. We take a client-centred approach to help individuals of all ages make informed choices about the assistive technology that is right for them.
A typical day for therapists in our team might include a detailed assessment for a new wheelchair in our centre, a home visit for an equipment trial, report writing, designing custom equipment components with a Seating Technician in the workshop, and regular team catch-ups to coordinate our service delivery.
The position is offered at 0.6 FTE (3 days per week). However, opportunities may exist to combine this position with other Allied Health vacancies across St. Giles to equate to a full time position if desired.
This exciting role will provide you with opportunities to:
• develop a career in a specialised area
• access excellent facilities, resources and state-of-the-art technologies
• focus on continued learning and development via access to a professional development budget, one-on-one supervision and working alongside senior clinicians and Management
• work in a team environment that thrives on innovation and creativity
• work within an organisation that values work-life balance and flexible work hours
• focus on quality service provision with dedicated support to manage scheduling and all NDIS administration
• access salary packaging and other entitlements
• AHPRA registration as an Occupational Therapist or Physiotherapist
• An interest in and knowledge of Assistive Technology provision
• Experience in assistive technology provision for NDIS participants with physical disabilities is highly desirable
Applications to: Human Resources
St. Giles Society
PO Box 416, Launceston
Email to: email@example.com